Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: film to video

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ftownsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone know where I cat get info. tips etc. on transferring film to video. I assume that I would use a projector and camcorder.

    Frank

  2. #2
    Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2000
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, the best way is to go to a professional film lab (there's at least one in every major city) and get a what they call a RANK transfer. I don't know how they do it, but apparently they use pretty big machines. Much better quality than the ol' camcorder/projector trick. If you have a properly lit film and get a RANK transfer done, you can't really tell if it's Super-8, 16mm or 35mm.

    -N. Foster Tyler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •